Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I work out :)

I stumbled across a neat app the other day in the App store.  From previous posts you now I love the My Fitness Pal App.  Well I have found another excellent one.  I am the mother of 2 kids under the age of 6.  I have little time between practices, dinner making, my full time job, and household every day tasks to exercise.  I have been searching pinterest for some quick tabatta like workouts.  I want the most bang for my time.  I found this app. Sworkit and it's FREE :)
From the website: http://sworkit.com/
Sworkit provides randomized circuit training workouts to keep you motivated to exercise and stay fit anywhere. Sworkit builds randomized circuit training workouts that you can do anywhere. You just choose which part of your body you want to work on and how long you have to work out, and Sworkit takes care of the rest. By providing an actual workout and taking you through the motions, you don't have to do any other planning or have any extra equipment.  Circuit training has been proven to provide highly efficient workouts at a fast pace. Sworkit allows you to choose the total amount of time you want to work out and provides you with the proper exercise timing, rest, and transitions.

I love it because I can choose the length of time and what area you want to work.  It has a timer so you don't have to worry which lets you know when to change exercise and when to take a break.  If an exercise pops up you don't know how to do it has a video you can tap to watch so you get the correct form.  So far I have been doing it at least 4 times per week for 15 - 20 minutes.  Much more than I was doing :)

Check it out and see if you like it.  Please feel free to share any apps you love for exercise.

2 comments:

  1. Becky! I found you on the Southern Bloggers link up! Where about in Kentucky do you live?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in the Lexington area :) I checked you out and followed you. I see you live in KY what part are you?? Love your I Phone cover BTW

      Delete