Monday, April 2, 2012

Eye Shadow Primer

I thougth I would share my favorite go to shadow primers.  The purpose of these is to help with creasing and make your shadow last much much longer.  Here are a few that I love

Too Faced Shadow Insurance (18.00) is a full-coverage policy against flaking, creasing and fading eye shadows. This silicone based primer creates a tight bond between your skin and shadow, so you can rest easy that your eye shadow is taken care of.  I have been using this one just about everyday for about 3 months now.  I really like it.  It evens out my lid color.  I like this one much better than Urban Decay Primer Potion.

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2154464&productId=prod360018&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=1toofacedhollywood&categoryId=cat40006
Shadow Insurance - Anti-Crease Eyeshadow Primer


Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Shadow Pencil (20.00):  Sin
Urban Decay's Shadow Pencils deliver incredible color payout, but feel lightweight. The new fat shape allows you to cover large areas more quickly. Use the thin tip as eyeliner, or the side of the tip as a generous swipe of eyeshadow. Luscious drop-dead shades make you feel every inch the creative type, as you blend shimmer, cream and sparkle finishes. Skip the powder shadow brushes and water - Urban Decay's pencils make it easier than ever to get vibrant eyeshadow looks on the go. Experiment with multiple shades layered together, then blend away for an unbelievable effect that sets and stays put. All shades are paraffin, mineral oil, and paraben-free. 

I have really loved this color. It looks great under all my eyeshadows.  I think I will really like it this summer as I think I will wear it by itself.



http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2226385&productId=xlsImpprod3000301&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=2lovewhatsnew2010&categoryId=cat940003%20cat80042#sku2226393

A very close match to this is the NYX Jumbo Shadow Pencil. These only cost 4.50 per pencil.  I have only ever found them at Ulta.  The color yogurt and Urban Decays Sin are very very close. 

NYX Top Selling eye pencil:


  • Combines an eye shadow and eye liner all-in-one
  • Features a creamy formula that glides on smoothly like silk and is easy to blend
  • Does not crease or dry out
  • Is available in an astounding array of shades that work both day and night
  • Lasts all day
  • Does not crease or dry out eyes
  • Jumbo Eye Pencil
    http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2221058&productId=xlsImpprod2150066&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=38140offnyxwk3210&categoryId=cat940003#sku2139579

    The last one that I have liked a lot are the MAC Paint Pots.  These do at times dry out on my eyes and make my eye shadow kind of flaky. Not all the time, and I think this happens more when my skin is drier.  I like the color
     MAC Painterly Paint Pot (17.50)
    A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners.



    These are a few that I use.  I have been using the Too Faced and the Urban Decay one in heavy rotation lately and have really liked the look they give.   What are some of your favorites?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment