Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Extending my hair color

I try to get my hair done about every 8 - 10 weeks and sometimes I even go up to 12 weeks.  I have the great pleasure of being very gray headed.  If I were to completely let it go I would be about 80% gray.  PS I am not even 35 yet!!  This means I have to stay on top of my hair color and also be budget friendly.  I start to need a touch up at about 4 weeks.  If I am going really long between I will use the root touch up and if it's going to be more towards the 10 -12 weeks than I use the root touch up at 4 weeks  followed by the whole head kit at around 8-9 weeks.

Root Touch Up: L'Oreal Root Rescue:  Dark Brown (7.00)

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2219022&productId=xlsImpprod2360101&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat120040

Root Rescue

Whole Head: L'Oreal Healthy Look Creme Gloss (9.00): Medium Brown Truffle
I like this one because it only takes 10 minutes.

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2215731&productId=xlsImpprod2300077&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat120040

Healthy Look Creme Gloss Hair Color

Good Housekeeping gave this hair color great reviews for brunettes.  I am going to give it a try next time and see how it does.  Here is the link to this article.  It breaks it down by best color for hair shades.  Just in case your not a brunette.
http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/product-reviews/beauty-products/hair-dye-reviews/best-home-hair-color#slide-1

Revlon Colorsilk (4.00): Dark Brown

Revlon Colorsilk Beautiful Color, Light Ash Blonde 80

Do you dye your hair at home to extend your time between appointments? What do you use?

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about coloring at home, I have a newborn so getting to the salon is tough:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've colored my hair at home for years (don't really want to admit how many years, but let's just say more than 10). But I have a secret weapon - my hubby! Yep, he does my hair for me - that way I make sure of good coverage (plus I love the great head massage he gives -yes, I know, I'm spoiled!)
    I "hopped" over from 5D5W's linky party - would love if you came and checked me out!
    Hugs-
    Carol @arewethereyet

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Loreal site has a place where you can sign up, enter codes from your hair color boxes, and get a free box every 5 purchases. I believe! Don't hold me to it, because I saw the link on a site called The Thrifty Couple, but I thought it was for makeup and then lost interest since I don't color my hair. But it is worth checking out if it's a necessity for you!

    ReplyDelete