Sunday, February 12, 2012

Recommended Moisturizers

My skin type is fairly dry.  I don't have problems with blemishes because of this.  Although it is nice to not have to deal with that I do have to deal with dry flaky skin in the winter.  The temps have finally dropped her in KY and my face can really feel it.  It was time to swith to my winter moisturizer routines.  I have moisturizers that I use in the summer and ones that I use in the winter. 

Winter Face Care :)
I have tried this moisture cream this year and loved it.  I will list my all time fave below, but it is very pricey.  I did try a drug store brand, but didn't think it had the effect that I like so I tried this one by Benefit.  I went through the drugstore brand much faster than I do the name brand ones.   

Here is the current one I like:
Benefit B Right Cream (38.00 at Ulta)  Watch for Ulta coupons and you can get 20% off of this product which is what I did.  In the winter I really like a moisture cream from a jar because it seems to be a lot more richer than from a tube.  This one has a great smell and really makes my makeup look flawless underneath.

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2229452&productId=xlsImpprod3200007&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=4benefitwk8&categoryId=cat80174

Drugstore: I used the Olay Definty Intense Hydrating Cream (27.00), but it was discontinued in 2012 to become this item.  I haven't tried it buy Oil of Olay recommends trying this one:
ULTA
http://search.ulta.com/search?p=Q&userid=bckycrr@yahoo.com&w=Regenerist+Micro-Sculpting+Cream&x=16&y=9

High End Moisturizer:  I would buy this one all year round, but really cannot afford it.  It goes on great, has great benefits, and I really love how it works under my makeup. 
Bliss: Youth as We Know it (75.00).  You can watch for the Friends and Family from Sephora if you are a Beauty Insider.  They also have some other coupons that run throughout the year.
The Youth As We Know It™ Anti-Aging Moisture Cream

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P178802&categoryId=RPYMAL&shouldPaginate=

Summer Skin Care:  I don't need quite the moisture for my skin in the summer as I do in the winter. Some days in the winter I feel like I can feel my skin sucking up the moisture cream as soon as I put it on.  I would also recommend to try to put your moisturizer on as soon as you get out of the shower.  I do mine right after I put my contacts in.  I try to get all my body lotion and face lotions on within 5 minutes of getting out of the shower.  I read somewhere that if it's longer than your it will just sit on top of your skin and not absorb. 

I love this moisturizer for summer by Origins.  It has a little bit of color with it so if I don't feel like putting foundation or powder on I still get some color.  I have lots of red in my skin tone so I feel like I do need a little something to even it all out.

Origins VitaZing: 35.00 (again I use my coupons to buy these)

VitaZing™ SPF 15 Energy-Boosting Moisturizer with Mangosteen

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P297521&categoryId=C24736

Eye Creams:  Since I have hit my 30's I noticed I need a little more around the eyes.  Some people can probably skip this, but I have noticed on improvement around my eyes in the fine lines and even the under eye area. 
Winter: 32.00

ULTA

Origins Eye Doctor Moisture Care for Around Eyes (32.00)

Eye Doctor™ Moisture Care For Skin Around Eyes

High End: Bliss: Youth as we Know it (75.00)
The Youth As We Know It™ Anti-Aging Eye Cream
http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P201422&categoryId=B70

It will take me a year to use these creams.  When you divide out the cost over the year, because you only need a little bit it is usually cheaper.  As I mentioned before I did have to use a lot more of the drugstore brand than I do of these name brand ones.  I would also suggest using stores like Ulta and Sephora.  At ulta you get points and earn free items.  I got a free Essie Nail Polish the last time.  They are always sending me 20% off coupons.  When I need something I wait till I get one of those to get the full benefit of it.  At Sephora I am a Beauty Insider.  You have to spend so much to become one, but you get deluxe size samples, and coupons from them as well.  I try to make my large purchases from there when I know they will have that coupon. Usually in November.  I hope this helps and feel free to share how you balance the seasons with skincare :)

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! I love hearing your beauty product recommendations, even though my skin is combination and on the oily side. I do envy you for not having to worry about breakouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I had no idea those Bliss moisturizers were so expensive..! I would also highly recommend the AVON Ideal Shade Custom Shade foundation, it is an exact dupe of the Vitazing for a fraction of the cost. They seem to only carry it in the summer though.

    ReplyDelete